This has been adapted slightly from a Cuisine Magazine recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped flatleaf parsley
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat then add the leek, carrot and celery and fry gently until the leek is soft. Add the stock and simmer until the carrot is soft.
Add the chicken thighs and poach over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the soup and set aside for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken and reserve.
Meanwhile add the corn and the spinach to the soup and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot along with the parsley.
—> at this stage I added extra protein. I added 1/2 cup of The Honest Food Co NAKED Egg White Protein Powder
Transfer to the soup to a food processor or blender and blend in batches until completely smooth.
Freeze in ice cubes or small containers.